Senior Software Engineer
Hepta Airborne – a next-generation technology company is looking for a Software Engineer!
We build our own helicopter-type industrial drones that outperform the traditional helicopters in every aspect.
We aim to automate as much of the physical power lines infrastructure inspection as possible by automating both the flights and analysis.
We are preferred by our customers because we offer end-to-end services to cover all required development and implementation stages – data collection (photos, IR imagery, LIDAR), analysis (efficient tools and AI-aided processes) and delivery (integrations and reporting).
Our clients are utility companies in Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Montenegro, Spain, Portugal and by the time of reading, probably quite a few more.
We need YOU - a brilliant Software Engineer for whom no challenge is too difficult.
You will be:
- Coding most of your time
- The driving force in executing Software Engineering VP's technological vision (and of course, help shape the vision)
- Designing architecture to overcome various challenges in automating drone flight planning, data collection, analysis, display and reporting
- Onboarding new engineers and making sure every new person joins into a supportive environment and hits the ground running
Hot topics that you would be dealing with right after joining:
- Building out our platform used both by our pilots for conducting semi-autonomous flights and by clients for analyzing the results of the inspections
- Designing and building data pipelines for efficient handling of terabytes of information gathered by our drones
- Expanding the features and services of our platform by incorporating GIS services, machine learning models and clever algorithms to distil the massive amount of data our sensors gather into useful information
- Building automated processing of imagery and point cloud (LIDAR) data and a virtual 3D environment engine for an immersive viewing experience
- Scaling up our systems for bigger and badder clients
- Contributing to the team's growth and professional development
We are looking for
- Entrepreneurial mindset – we are in a stage where we move fast, make decisions with little information but respect processes to keep the code & product quality high
- Professional experience in backend or full-stack software development (6+ years recommended)
- Proactive attitude – inclination to take initiative and contribute to software design choices
- Experience in designing software systems capable of efficiently handling big amounts of data
- Product-mindedness and customer-centric take on software development
- Leadership mentality, good communication skills and ability to align a group of people towards a common goal
- Location: Tartu, Estonia (with a possibility to move to our Tallinn HQ after a period)
- An open-minded and positive working climate with an emphasis on getting things done
- Constructive and collaborative attitude within our young and motivated team
- Work with high-profile customers and in an exciting industry (high-end drones, electricity power grid, LIDAR, machine learning, modern technologies and hi-tech equipment)
- Chance to be part of a successful, growing startup and add a huge learning experience to your resume
- Passionate team, events, annual summer days etc.
- Competitive compensation package